|Part time - 21 hours a week
|Technology & Outsourcing
Field Fisher Waterhouse is an ambitious and growing law firm providing commercial solutions across a range of industry sectors. The firm has a particular focus on companies that are highly regulated and those with intellectual property and technology driven business models.
Servicing an impressive client base that includes big name brands and international businesses, the firm has over 150 partners, 240 other lawyers and nearly 300 support staff across offices in Brussels, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Paris, London, Munich, Manchester and Palo Alto. In 2011 the firm's revenue reached £94 million.
The Business Unit Support Assistant will provide junior secretarial, administrative and clerical support to the Partner and other office members as required based in our Palo Alto office.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Deal courteously with telephone inquiries, resolving minor requests for information and passing on messages
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, faxes, couriers and emails
• Ensuring that the correct papers go to the correct recipients and that they are carefully checked and presented professionally
• Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials and business development initiatives
• Following up on requests for information from the UK and seeing all queries through to resolution
• Ensuring all travel and accommodation requirements are dealt with for employees travelling to and from the Palo Alto office
• Updating and maintaining the department's Interaction database (including inputting business cards/data as appropriate).
• Processing expenses, invoices and payments received, ensuring that the correct charge codes are used and follow up action taken where appropriate. Billing tasks as required.
• Photocopying, scanning and printing as required.
• Electronic and physical paper filing. Ensuring they are always up to date and papers can be retrieved easily.
• Diary management - using Outlook to send and monitor calendar appointments. Booking meeting rooms and other resources if required.
• Amending documents, letters and emails, ensuring house styles are adhered to and work is professionally presented
• To undertake any ad hoc administrative & secretarial tasks across the department as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience gained in a similar role within the US in a professional services/law firm.
The candidate will also hold the right to work in the US.
Will have good IT skills and be able to use Word and Outlook – Powerpoint and Excel would be helpful but not absolutely necessary.
Good communication skills with the ability to liaise and work well with Partners, Associates, Fee earners, Business Support staff and other secretaries
Typing speed at least 45-50 wpm, but will be expected to develop to a higher speed
Good academics will also be required
• Enthusiasm and initiative
• Attention to detail
• Excellent telephone demeanour and etiquette
• Ability to produce professional work, with excellent grammar and punctuation
• Must be able to prioritise, multi task and work under pressure
• Excellent customer service skills
• Pro active, can do attitude, positive and resilient
• Friendly and approachable
• Ability to work as a team player in order to accomplish work flow and results.
• Mature, confident and professional manner
• Tact, discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential information
• Adaptable and flexible
• Extremely good time keeping and attendance record
• Good time management and organisation skills
Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.