We are looking for candidates who we can support to hit the ground running with minimal supervision.
You will have experience in checking legal title to all freehold and leasehold transactions and be able to deal with all elements of these transactions and will possess a proven track record for winning and servicing new introducers and clients, developing systems and support staff to grow a business. The ability to draft more complex precedent documentation would also be beneficial.
In addition, you will have experience in drafting non-standard correspondence of a technical nature.
You will be aware of associated areas of law such as Probate, Insolvency and Matrimonial which may affect transactions and will also be familiar with the wider aspects of the housing and conveyancing markets.
You will be enthusiastic, organised and determined in order to help the residential conveyancing department continue to service its clients in a highly professional manner, using your excellent customer service skills. As part of a high volume department, you will be be able to work well under pressure and will demonstrate confidence to use own professional judgement and be able to prioritise your work load. Collaboration is key here at Shoosmiths and so you will be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work as part of a team and advise and support others, including assistants and administrators. One of our four values is to show initiative and so you will also possess self-management skills and be able to work efficiently to meet exchange targets as part of your monthly objectives.
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
- Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
- Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
- 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
- Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Staff introduction bonus scheme
- Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
If you'd like to enquire about the salary, please feel free to get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org or 03700 863 267.
The application process
We will aim to respond to you within 3-4 working days following your application. If successful, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team for an informal telephone discussion. There will be one interview stage which will be held at our Northampton office.
Interested but have further questions? Get in touch with me directly via email (email@example.com), phone (03700 863 267) or LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-mercer-91811a25).