Shoosmiths is a leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
We are seeking a permanent SharePoint Developer who will form part of a team responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT systems and services employed by Shoosmiths' legal and business support departments.
The post-holder will be involved in all phases of the development of business-changing enterprise solutions, using K2 (Blackpearl, Smartforms and Connect), SharePoint 2013 and other technologies.
You may have the following experience: SharePoint Developer, SharePoint Workflow, K2, Nintex, SharePoint Engineer, Software Developer.
Systems Development and Administration
- Methodically investigate, analyse and document requirements.
- Design, develop and maintain key software components using K2, Microsoft .Net and SharePoint Server 2013, in accordance with Software and Security Development Lifecycles.
- Implement K2/SharePoint-based workflows, together with development of BI dashboards.
- Design, develop, and manage site content and capabilities and provide daily onsite maintenance of the existing SharePoint portals.
- Develop reports as specified by the firm and/or clients.
- Test all software developments and resolve any issues, ensuring systems operate in a reliable manner.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is created and maintained for all system developments.
- Work with Project Managers, providing accurate development estimates as requested.
- Ensure systems change management is carried out in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Administer and maintain the application in accordance with the needs of the firm.
- Provide technical and user support on software solutions.
- Provide a key point of liaison between the business and the IS Department, ensuring a rapid response to all problems, ideas, issues and queries raised.
- Develop implementation plans required to deal with complex requests for change, evaluating any risks to the integrity of the firms infrastructure associated with the change.
- Support other members of the Development team and of the IS Department as a whole.
Role-specific knowledge and expertise
- A minimum of 2 years' working as a SharePoint Developer, including the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications.
- Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
- 2 years experience using .Net, either VB.Net or C#.
- Ability to write stored procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyse SQL data.
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Workflow tools - ideally K2
- Knowledge of VBA, VB6 and Classic ASP.
- Microsoft SSRS and SSIS
- Knowledge of Powershell scripting.
- Knowledge of SAP, particularly SAP Duet
Experience, qualifications and other role-specific requirements
- Good A Levels/BTEC Preferred
- Qualified to HND/BSc level or above.
Occasional travel to other Shoosmiths offices may be necessary.
It is essential that the post holder can work flexible or extended hours to complete some tasks outside of core hours of 08:00 to 18:00.
The post-holder will ensure full compliance with all Data Protection laws and any relevant policies and guidelines.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.