The ideal candidate will possess extensive customer service and administration experience, preferably gained from an office environment involving interaction with clients over the phone and/or face-to-face. You’ll be able to work to deadlines and have a keen eye for detail.
Essential skills & experience:
- Extensive customer service experience, preferably gained within an office environment however we will still consider candidates with wider experience (e.g. hospitality, front of house, retail).
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths and English
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience within financial services or professional services organisations.
You may also have experience in the following: Customer Service Administrator, Trainee Customer Care Assistant, Administration Assistant, Receptionist, Call Centre, and Customer Care Administrator.
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
- Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
- Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
- 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
- Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Staff introduction bonus scheme
- Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
If you'd like to enquire about the salary, please feel free to get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org or 03700 863 267.
The application process
We will aim to respond to you within 3-4 working days following your application. If successful, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team for an informal telephone discussion. There will be one interview stage which will be held at our Northampton office.
Interested but have further questions? Get in touch with me directly via email (email@example.com), phone (03700 863 267) or LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-mercer-91811a25).
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.