Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
As a Conveyancing Assistant your remit will include providing excellent client care and service, answering incoming calls and dealing with enquires, sales updates and taking messages where required. As such, you will need excellent communication skills along with a customer service background.
You will be involved with the end-to-end conveyancing life-cycle which will include opening and inception of the files onto the relevant case management system, preparation of plot sale paperwork, procuring conveyancing searches, processing exchange of contracts, completion procedures, dealing with Land Registry requisitions on title, and registration procedures.
Furthermore you will undertake a range of administrative duties to support the Conveyancers which may include audio typing, data input onto the relevant case management and finance systems, dealing with incoming and outgoing post, and preparing bills.
The ideal candidate will have a general knowledge of conveyancing procedures (gained via a Law/ Conveyancing qualification such as LLB, LPC, CILEX, CLC or hands-on experience within the Real Estate sector) along with previous experience of working within an office environment. In addition, you will possess excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver work to a high standard.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Previous administration/customer service experience, ideally within an office environment.
- Good team player
- Good communication and client care skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Law qualification (LLB, CILEX, LPC, CLC, etc.)
- Knowledge of conveyancing procedures and/or experience of working within the Real Estate sector (such as another Solicitors, Estate Agents, Mortgage Broker, Building Society, etc.)
You may also have experience in the following: Administration Assistant, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Service Assistant, Conveyancing Assistant, Property Assistant, Lettings Administrator, Property Sales Negotiator, Plot Sales Assistant.
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
- Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
- Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
- 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
- Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Staff introduction bonus scheme
- Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
If you'd like to enquire about the salary, please feel free to get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org or 03700 863 267.
The application process
We will aim to respond to you within 3-4 working days following your application. If successful, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team for an informal telephone discussion. There will be one interview stage which will be held at our Northampton office.
Interested but have further questions? Get in touch with me directly via email (email@example.com), phone (03700 863 267) or LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-mercer-91811a25).
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.