(9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Real Estate group is one of the largest real estate teams in the UK, advising an impressive range of clients including commercial and residential developers, investors, major corporate occupiers and banks/funders. Offering exceptional market knowledge the team holds an outstanding reputation with clients and the market generally. “Clients are full of admiration for this team, noting it combines outstanding technical expertise with a “very” responsive service” (Chambers).
Providing a full PA secretarial service supporting Partners and Legal Advisers and where required cover any secretarial absences within the rest of the office where necessary. This role requires proactive thinking to support the needs of the Legal Adviser.
- Typing of correspondence, documents and bills.
- Typing reports, file notes and attendance notes
- Preparing enclosures ready for signing and sending out with the post.
- Opening and closing client files.
- Filing of incoming and outgoing post and correspondence.
- Compiling and sending bills
- Chasing bills as per Legal Adviser instruction
- Cheque requisitions
- Keeping records of closed files
- Interaction with clients mainly over the telephone
- In house forms, laser forms (credit notes)
- Diary management.
- Organising meetings, travel arrangements etc.
- Travel booking for Legal Advisers
- Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries
- Excellent and accurate keyboard skills required, as you will be required to obtain typing speeds to a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Good working knowledge of various applications – word, outlook, digital dictation (powerpoint and excel helpful but not a necessity).
- Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
- Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
- Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good listening skills
- Able to integrate within a team as well as working on ones own initiative
- Work as part of a team ensuring telephones/lunch cover
- Ability to deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.