(30 hours per week 8am – 3pm with 1 hour lunch)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Estates Management is the integration of processes within an organisation to maintain and develop the agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities. This encompasses multi-disciplinary activities within the built environment and the management of their impact upon people and the workplace. Effective estates management, combining resources and activities, is vital to the success of any organisation. At a corporate level, it contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives. On a day-to day level, effective estates management provides a safe and efficient working environment, which is essential to the performance of any business – whatever its size and scope.
Our Manchester office is growing and will soon be relocating to the brand new XYZ Building. As part of this growth, we require a Hospitality & Housekeeping Assistant.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a housekeeping and hospitality service to the Manchester Office maintaining a clean and tidy environment throughout the client suite, conference rooms, training room, staff kitchens and client toilets. The role does require some flexibility in hours to assist with early morning and evening seminars when required.
Summary of Housekeeping and Hospitality Services
Ensuring high standards and prompt levels of service are delivered to the client suite each day. Delivering and clearing beverages/refreshments/lunches ensuring all requirements are actioned promptly and in accordance with the daily meeting room schedule.
Ensuring high standards and prompt levels of service are maintained and delivered to 17 Client meeting rooms, conferences, breakfast and evening seminars and 2 staff kitchens and 2 staff working areas. Ensuring those areas are serviced regularly, kept clean, neat and tidy.
This specific tasks that are to be carried out within the remit of this role includes (but is not limited to):-
- Setting up all meetings rooms with any refreshments and catering required throughout the day.
- Clearing up and resetting rooms following the completion of all meetings allowing for very quick turn arounds when required.
- Ensuing the catering areas are kept clean and tidy at all times and stock levels are replenished.
- Ensuring stock levels of all catering and beverages are at the appropriate level at all times.
- Visual inspections throughout the day of the client toilet areas replenishing hand towels, soaps, hand cream, tissues, wiping down side boards and areas where needed
- Replenishing mints, pens, pencils, note pads, tissues in all client meeting rooms
- Visual inspections of the client lounge throughout the day, wiping away any finger marks ensuring, coffee cups etc are removed and the area is kept neat and tidy at all times
- Moving the meeting room furniture and folding walls from time to time assist with room set up and preparation for client seminars and events.
- Ensuing that both staff kitchens are cleaned mid-morning and mid-afternoon each day following morning and lunch time rush.
- Loading and unloading dishwashers as required.
- Topping up of all refreshments in each kitchen i.e. coffee, sugar etc.
- Reporting any faults to the Estates team immediately.
- Topping up and cleaning both the Garden and XYZone and ensuring stock levels at both twice a day.
- Ability to provide a high quality customer service at all times
- Previous experience of working in a large Client Suite environment would be an advantage.
- Positive, can do, calm and confident attitude
- Well presented at all times
- To demonstrate initiative and to be seen as a helping hand throughout the office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Being flexible with the ability to adapt to change should there be an urgent requirement to break away from their set routine and being able to cope under pressure and deal with last minute requests and changes
- Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work and in themselves
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention to detail
- Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries
- Able to integrate within the team as well as working on own initiative
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.