(Monday to Saturday covering the hours 8.00am to 8.00pm on a rota basis)
|Mortgage Shortfall Recoveries
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Main purpose of job
To be competent in the technical elements necessary to provide a quality and comprehensive recoveries service with a client and customer service focus.
- To be familiar with and follow the Unit's policies, procedures and processes
- Comply with all of the RSG and the firm's policies and all regulatory requirements
- Control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently using the relevant case management systems and IS resources and processes appropriately
- Be responsible and accountable for your workload including meeting internal and client SLA requirements
- Be aware of associated areas of law impacting the Unit's delivery of its service
- Recognise any potential issues in cases and refer these appropriately
- Attend and complete any training in a timely manner
- Attend internal and external meetings as required and assist in implementing changes to any Unit procedures.
- Liaise with other internal teams as appropriate
- Assist the Unit in achieving financial targets, other KPIs, management information and meeting budgets.
- Support the Unit with marketing initiatives when required and collating management information.
You will need the following skills and experience:-
- IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
- Ability to deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders in the recoveries process confidently and calmly and refer if appropriate
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
- Friendly and helpful approach
- Treat your colleagues, clients and their customers and third parties with respect
- Good timekeeping
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.